National Book Lovers Day
Updated: Sep 20, 2019
Jess discusses a few ways to celebrate your love of reading and books!
As I write this, it is National Book Lovers Day, a day for bibliophiles to celebrate their love of books. This day always reminds me of Matilda, by Roald Dahl, and the five-year-old protagonist who makes her life bearable by teaching herself to read, devouring books and surrounding herself in literature from her local library. It’s also one of my favourite books!
“Book Lovers Day isn’t limited to once a year, so here are some ways to celebrate your love of reading every day!”
In my mind, Book Lovers Day isn’t limited to once a year, so here are some ways to celebrate your love of reading every day!
1. Visit a library.
2. Find a favourite spot to read, or make a reading nook.
3. Try a book swap with a friend.
4. Read blogs about books.
5. Join a book club.
6. Attend a literary festival or author event.
7. Buy a new notebook to start your own story in.
8. Write a review. It will make an author’s day and be valuable to other readers too.
9. Visit bookshops.
10. Read aloud.